Position Title: Chimney Technician for both Gas and Wood-Burning Fireplace Systems
Anderson’s Chimney Sweep & Masonry is currently hiring for full-time Chimney Technicians. This is a seasonal position that can quite possibly lead to a permanent spot within the Anderson’s Chimney family.
Competitive compensation package.
Please read the job description below for specifics.
Apply online only, no phone calls. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Anderson’s Chimney Sweep and Masonry is the largest full-service provider of chimney services in South Central PA. We have been in business for over 23 years and have an opening for a great chimney technician. This person must be able to service both gas and wood-burning fireplaces systems, possess strong technical skills, be punctual, possess great communication & people skills, and have fantastic organizational skills with an attention to detail.
High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred. Must hold a CSIA certification. If not certified, and hired on as a permanent employee, certification must be accomplished within 6 months. Must have valid drivers license and able to pass a drug and background check.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Have the ability to work confidently on a roof
- Able to carry up to 80 lb.
- Excellent communication skills with residential customers
- Able to close a sale
- Must be punctual for all time commitments
- Experience in residential construction or service is a plus
- An understanding of customer service and the service industry
- Strong organizational and documentation abilities
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Positive team-building attitude
- Self Motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and perform service on customer’s chimneys and fireplaces.
- Sweep chimneys, service gas fireplaces, clean dryer vents.
- Provide all services offered within our portfolio.
- Punctuality in delivery of customer’s products and services.
- Daily contact with managers to remain informed on customer situations.
- Documentation of work performed and customer follow up
- Diligent in learning chimney repair practices and techniques
- Code requirements and certification materials
- Required to follow all OSHA safety guidelines and standards
- Provide active participation in training, workshops and meetings
- Provide input and feedback to manager on goals and progress.
Apply online only, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org