We keep fire in it's place

At Anderson’s Chimney, we strive to bring fire into homes in South Central PA, and when we do the work, the fire stays in its place. Professional services mean that your fire will burn more efficiently, produce more heat, and have less risk of flue fire. We’ve been the chimney experts for our community since 1990, and the chimneys we service last a lifetime!

Prevent FiresWe keep fire in it's place

Professional services prevent accidental fires which can cause extensive damage, injury, and death. When a chimney or clothes dryer vent isn’t cleaned and maintained properly, it will slow air flow and hinder proper ventilation. A few missed service appointments can lead to disaster — disasters that we can prevent.

Chimney Services – The Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommend routine chimney sweeps and annual inspections in order for the chimney to be the safest and efficient as possible. At these appointments a chimney expert will assess, diagnose, and clean the system thoroughly, keeping the system working year after year. Neglecting these appointments can mean creosote and soot will build up in the system. When creosote isn’t cleared away on a regular basis, it leads to a dangerous build up of material that condenses into fuel as it’s heated and cooled repeatedly throughout the season. Once the creosote reaches the glazed state, a flue fire can burn quickly and with extreme temperatures. This explosive fire can damage the liner and the masonry, and could easily lead to the house itself igniting. If you’ve experienced a flue fire, you might not have even noticed. If you have seen signs that your chimney experienced a fire, it’s important to call a professional right away to have the chimney assessed and necessary repairs made before using the system again.

Dryer Vent Services – CSIA knows the importance of fire prevention, which is why the Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician (C-DET) certification was developed. Clothes dryer fires are reported nearly 3,000 fires each year, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. These fires account for damages of up to $35 million each year as well as 100 injuries and 5 deaths per year. When a clothes dryer isn’t installed properly, with a vent that is within code, lint can build up in the vent, slowing airflow, and causing fires to ignite in the vent. Lint is extremely flammable, and as the buildup worsens, the problem worsens, leading to more build up. The dryer will stop working properly and require more energy to complete the job, costing you money, shortening its life, and leading to dangerous and devastating fires. Your dryer will show signs of a clogged vent, that should not be ignored. Schedule a cleaning if your dryer heats the home, it puts moisture and lint into the air, the clothes are excessively hot, or it needs more than one cycle to get the job done.

When your chimney or dryer vent shows signs of a problem, it can quickly turn into a dangerous one. It’s important to call a professional as soon as possible.

Anderson’s Chimney can keep your fire in its place. Call us today at 717-219-3620.

Request Service

Enter your information below and we'll get in contact with you as soon as possible!

Referral Program

Earn valuable credit toward services when you refer someone who uses our services!

Servicing your community since 1990 - we look forward to being your sweep for life!